The MFA Companies® (MFA) is a national business consulting and financial advisory firm serving high-growth, entrepreneurial organizations and individuals. We offer distinct and impactful solutions that separate conventionally-run businesses from forward-looking strategic enterprises. For more than 35 years, MFA has provided its customers with deep expertise and insights to engineer growth and drive transformation in their business and personal lives.
MFA is headquartered in Tewksbury, MA and employs more than 180 seasoned business and finance professionals.
MFA is currently seeking an individual to fill a seasonal, part-time or full-time-flexible position to join our Firm’s Tax Practice. Responsibilities include preparation and review of small to mid-sized corporate and partnership tax returns as well as assistance with customer bookkeeping needs.
- Complete general customer service duties as needed
- Provide timely, high quality customer service that meets or exceeds expectations
- Maintain the confidence of MFA’s customers and promote a consistent, positive image of the Firm
- Prepare and/or review corporate tax returns of small to mid-level complexity
- Assist with customer needs regarding their bookkeeping, including providing adjusting entries and investigating inconsistencies and suggesting alternatives
- Ensure proper documentation and preparation of tax return workpapers
- Respond to tax notices and assist with tax audits
- Monitor and maintain customer list and in-house due date system to include C Corporations, S Corporations and Partnerships
- Stay current on new tax legislation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Three (3) to four plus (4+) years of prior experience in public accounting or general accounting focusing on federal and state tax compliance, consulting and bookkeeping
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with C Corporation, S Corporation, and Partnership tax returns
- Experience with financial statement analysis and general accounting
- Strong customer service and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain customer relationships
- An aptitude for or experience with managing multiple engagements and priorities in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Knowledge of tax software and tax research tools
- QuickBooks certified or similar bookkeeping software expertise preferred
- Strong organization, coordination, and follow-up skills as well as an attention to quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are malcontent, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Tewksbury: We are accepting applications from prospective candidates for our Tewksbury, Massachusetts location. Additionally, we will consider a remote working arrangement for the right candidate.
- Hours: We are currently accepting applications from prospective candidates for this position in a full-time, part-time or seasonal capacity. For additional detail regarding hours, please inquire within.