The MFA Companies® (MFA) is a national business consulting and financial advisory firm serving high-growth, entrepreneurial organizations and individuals. We offer distinct and impactful solutions that separate conventionally-run businesses from forward-looking strategic enterprises. For more than 35 years, MFA has provided its customers with deep expertise and insights to engineer growth and drive transformation in their business and personal lives.
MFA is headquartered in Tewksbury, MA and employs more than 180 seasoned business and finance professionals.
MFA is seeking to add a Tax Manager to their growing team. This individual will provide customers with premier customer service while delivering tax compliance and advisory services and implementing tax strategies that align with customers’ overall business goals. Additional responsibilities include day-to-day management of the department and its professionals. This is an essential role in MFA’s rapidly growing Tax Practice area where the Firm utilizes the most advanced technology in order to focus on value-add customer-based activities.
- Manage and monitor multiple customer engagements by providing timely, high quality service that meets or exceeds expectations
- Provide corporate tax compliance services through primary and secondary review of complex income tax returns, including S-Corps and Partnerships (flow-throw entities)
- Conduct tax planning and consulting with flow-through entities
- Provide tax consulting and develop innovative strategies for a dynamic customer base
- Provide advisory services to customers regarding federal and state tax audits and notices
- Conduct tax research for various customer scenarios
- Responsible for budget management and resolution of billing or fee issues
- Maintain an open line of communication with the engagement team, engagement partner and customers
- Actively participate in Firm administration as appropriate (i.e. focus groups, dept initiatives, scheduling)
- Contribute to the ongoing development/enhancement of tax department policies and procedures
- Actively mentor multiple members
- Participate in external and internal presentations and training
- Facilitate professional development to enhance technical skills of tax department members
- Collaborate with members to develop a team environment
- Work closely with partners on proposals and business development activities
- Maintain active communication with customers to manage expectations and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for direct customer nurturing activities
- Identify service opportunities with existing customers and actively work with the engagement partner through the sales process
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least seven (7) years of continuous experience in federal and state tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from with a Master’s Degree in Business or Taxation
- Licensed CPA in the state of Massachusetts
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills with ability to develop and maintain customer relationships
- Superior organizational and project management to ensure the success of multiple engagements with multiple teams
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Experience and comfort developing new business or expanding existing customer business
- Ability to listen and respond effectively with good judgment
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are malcontent, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Tewksbury: We are only accepting applications from prospective candidates for our Tewksbury, Massachusetts location.
- Hours: We are currently accepting applications from prospective candidates for this position in a full-time or part-time capacity. For additional detail regarding hours, please inquire within.