HR/Learning and Development Intern
The MFA Companies® (MFA) is a national business consulting and financial advisory firm serving high-growth, entrepreneurial organizations and individuals. We offer distinct and impactful solutions that separate conventionally-run businesses from forward-looking strategic enterprises. For more than 35 years, MFA has provided its customers with deep expertise and insights to engineer growth and drive transformation in their business and personal lives.
MFA is headquartered in Tewksbury, MA and employs more than 180 seasoned business and finance professionals.
MFA is seeking an HR and Learning and Development Intern to provide support to many aspects of the team, including preparing for college recruiting events, new hire on-boarding and assisting with the coordination of learning and professional development programs. This individual will be asked to take responsibility for special projects as well as coordinating and implementing processes to streamline workflows across our employee lifecycle. A working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems is necessary to complete both day-to-day tasks and long-term projects. Strong detail orientation, customer service, communication and organizational skills will ensure you shine while working collaboratively with team members. The ability to work independently and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment is a must.
Work with our HR team to:
- Post job openings onto University websites
- Coordinate scheduling of interviews
- Prepare for new hire on-boarding
- Ensure employee information is up-to-date in HRIS system
- Help develop the Firm's quarterly newsletter
- Assist with coordinating various social, learning and community service events for the Firm
- Provide support on various HR initiatives
Work with our Learning and Development Coordinator to:
- Keep track of certification and education reimbursement requests while submitting documentation to Finance
- Enter information and maintain Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements for Members
- Schedule trainings, coordinate rooms for trainings, send Outlook meeting requests, prepare online learning platforms, prepare and collect sign-up sheets, enter participants into the system and send out evaluations
Desired Skills and Experience
- GPA of 3.5 or higher in a four-year college or university degree program
- Strong writing, Excel, and PowerPoint skills with the ability to submit samples of work upon request
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in a customer service role
- At least one (1) year of experience within a professional business/office environment
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are malcontent, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Tewksbury: We are accepting applications from prospective candidates for our Tewksbury, Massachusetts location.
- Hours: We are currently accepting applications from prospective candidates for this position in a part-time capacity (18-28 hours per week/flexible schedule). MFA’s internship program is our feeder program for all entry-level positions at MFA. As such, we only accept interns who are able and willing to intern part-time throughout the school year, while finishing school. This is a year-round internship opportunity and we are particularly looking for someone finishing their sophomore or junior year of college.