The MFA Companies® (MFA) is a national business consulting and financial advisory firm serving high-growth, entrepreneurial organizations and individuals. We offer distinct and impactful solutions that separate conventionally-run businesses from forward-looking strategic enterprises. For more than 35 years, MFA has provided its customers with deep expertise and insights to engineer growth and drive transformation in their business and personal lives.
MFA is headquartered in Tewksbury, MA and employs more than 180 seasoned business and finance professionals.
MFA is seeking to add support for its Investment Banking, Business Valuation and Financial Planning & Analysis segments with the addition of a Financial Analyst.
- Develops pitch books, presentations and Confidential Offering memorandums
- Provides Merger and Acquisition (M&A) support for due diligence and other transaction-related duties
- Provides Valuation support for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Stock option pricing and 409A (U.S. GAAP, IFRS, Internal Revenue Service and Revenue Canada)
- Purchase price allocation and impairment testing (U.S. GAAP and IFRS)
- Gift and estate tax reporting (Internal Revenue Service and Revenue Canada)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Complex derivative valuations under ASC 815 and IFRS 9
- Marital dissolution, shareholder disputes and other litigation scenarios
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
- MBA a plus
- CFA, ASA, ABV, CVA and/or CBV (Canada) credentials or candidacy a plus
- Series 79 preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with demonstrated ability to develop complex formulas
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to generate solutions to complex problems with sometimes incomplete or disparate information
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and participate on multiple customer engagements, often under tight deadlines
- Strong customer service and communication skills (oral and written) with ability to work independently as well as within a team
- A high degree of professionalism, exceptional work ethic and initiative to go to extra mile
- English language proficiency is a must
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are malcontent, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Tewksbury/Montreal: We are accepting applications from prospective candidates for our Tewksbury, Massachusetts or Montreal, QC (Canada) locations.
- Hours: We are currently accepting applications from prospective candidates for this position in a full-time capacity. For additional detail regarding hours, please inquire within.