Director of Business Strategies
The MFA Companies® (MFA) is seeking an innovative and creative sales professional who can leverage their existing network and utilize their leadership abilities within our fast-growing environment. The right individual will have the ability to learn quickly, think on their feet and have a thirst for knowledge. The understanding and know-how to build strong internal and external relationships is necessary to be successful in this role!
The Director of Business Strategies is a customer-centric role for a highly motivated individual with extensive sales, business development and networking skills. This position will report to the Partner in charge.
Strong hunter instincts are part of our team's DNA, as is a demonstrated propensity for consistently converting qualified opportunities into new business. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-directed, highly articulate sales professional who has a solid executive presence and is extremely driven to seek results.
*This position has high growth potential including a high base salary with no cap on commissions*
- Formulate and execute on an individualized business plan
- Manage the entire new business sales cycle – from generating and qualifying sales leads to meeting with prospects and closing opportunities in order to achieve assigned goals
- Develop and maintain required knowledge of Firm solutions to independently qualify prospects and convert qualified opportunities into new customers
- Conduct customer business reviews and identify opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling
- Collaborate with MFA subject-matter experts and thought leaders to address unique customer challenges and formulate tailored solutions to respond to said obstacles
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- Prior success at selling conceptual services or intangibles to business owners and financial executives of sophisticated, privately-held companies, small public companies and nonprofit organizations
- Prior consultative sales experience in financial services, banking, investments, financial software or other technically-oriented product lines is highly desired
- Ability to build strong rapport and establish trust and credibility through a consultative approach
- Maintains a significant network of CEOs, CFOs, Presidents and business owners
- Familiarity/comfort level with business, accounting and financial concepts
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and drive sales via self-originated relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as Salesforce and/or other CRM and database management systems
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are malcontent, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Tewksbury only: We are currently accepting applications from prospective candidates for our Tewksbury, Massachusetts location.
- Hours: We are currently accepting applications from prospective candidates for this position in a full-time capacity. For additional detail regarding hours, please inquire within.