Director of Investment Banking
The MFA Companies® (MFA) is a national business consulting and financial advisory firm serving high-growth, entrepreneurial organizations and individuals. We offer distinct and impactful solutions that separate conventionally-run businesses from forward-looking strategic enterprises. For more than 35 years, MFA has provided its customers with deep expertise and insights to engineer growth and drive transformation in their business and personal lives.
MFA is headquartered in Tewksbury, MA and employs more than 180 seasoned business and finance professionals.
The MFA Companies is looking to add a Director of Investment Banking to our team. Sell-side banking experience along with heavy M&A deal experience is preferred.
- Work with investment banking group on M&A advisory assignments, including the preparation of pitch materials, conducting industry research, identifying potential acquirers, drafting offering memorandums, soliciting buyers and definitive documentation knowledge for predominately sell-side transactions
- Lead teams of associates and analysts in the provision of financing and advisory services to customers as well as in the creation and preparation of presentation and pitch materials
- Manage and execute tasks encompassing comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses
- Analyze the financial statements and operating metrics of public companies
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers and prospective customers through relationship development, industry knowledge and capital markets expertise
- Develop a thorough understanding of the trends and competitive dynamics within a given sector
- Coordinate the appropriate organizational resources to deliver product solutions and advice to customers
- Maintain accountability for effective project management: drive the process, effectively prioritize and allocate resources as needed
- Maintain responsibility for pitch book and presentation development, including development of persuasive arguments based on the data gathered by analysts, both conceptually and through customer presentations
- Mentor, coach and assist in the development of associates and analysts
- Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A/strategic alternatives
- Continually build knowledge and capabilities within the industry segment and stay abreast of competitive trends
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of investment banking experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
- FINRA Series 7, 79 & 63
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Cap IQ, and Salesforce
- Previous investment banking experience competencies: financial modeling
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and research into cohesive succinct thoughts and materials
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and overall commitment to excellence
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are malcontent, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Tewksbury: We are accepting applications from prospective candidates for our Tewksbury, Massachusetts location.
- Hours: We are currently accepting applications from prospective candidates for this position in a full-time capacity. For additional detail regarding hours, please inquire within.